Thursday 3 September 2009

Dream

I'm due for a check-up at the podiatrist at 10.30 this morning.

I've just woken from a dream about it that was obviously not about it but about my life:

In the dream both my parents were still alive. In the dream I woke up in bed and checked my watch and thought "I can't make out the dial of the watch properly but there's hours to go" and went back to sleep only to wake again and be told as I got ready that there was only twenty minutes to my appointment. I had stayed asleep too long. I looked at my watch again and the face had faded away so that I could see the works inside. I realised there wasn't time to get a bath, dress, get ready etc and still meet the appointment. My parents seemed unconcerned. All I can remember of the dream after that is deciding that I couldn't meet the appointment any more.

For the appointment read the life I should have attended to, should have been living.

No comments:

Post a Comment