Thursday 3 September 2009

Dance in the Snow

I think my dream has predisposed me to feel very sad this morning. I've just had the TV on and in some advertisment the music used was a knock-off of the "Dance in the Snow" music from the end of Edward Scissorhands as is so often the case these days when the makers wish to add a fairytale feel to their ads.

It called up the film in my mind, and the original music. There's something sad about all Tim Burton's film, none of which make much sense on the level of plot, but most of which make sense in the symbolic way that fairytales and myths do, as if they are stories about archetypes rather than people.

Anyway, the whole adolescent "cut off from society by sensitivity, incompleteness, and a useless talent" message of the film is revolving round my heart, with the Snow Dance music accompanying it in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment